Wedding Hair and Make-up Preparation
Preparing for your wedding day is an exhilarating experience, and being well-prepared is essential for a smooth process!
Hair and Make-up
When you have a big event approaching or you're in the process of planning your wedding hair and makeup, there are a few key considerations. It's essential to book your special occasion makeup and hair well in advance. By doing so, you'll receive personalized tips on preparation and ensure you secure your desired booking date and time.
Though not mandatory, it's highly recommended to have a makeup and hair trial before your big day, especially if you're uncertain about the style you want or how it will suit you. A trial will provide peace of mind by allowing you to visualize the chosen style on yourself. Effective communication during the trial is vital to help us create the perfect look for you.
Here are some important points to keep in mind: To ensure a smooth and successful trial, please follow these guidelines:
- Schedule your trial once you have selected your dress and headpiece or veil, if applicable. It's important to choose a hairstyle that complements your chosen headwear. We will be there to guide you and can help in selecting a style that suits your face, headpiece, and gown.
- Bring inspiration photos from magazines or saved on your phone to your trial. These pictures will help us understand the looks you find appealing.
- When discussing your hair and makeup preferences, it's helpful to have pictures and swatches of your outfit, wedding dress, bridesmaid's dresses, and even the type of flowers you'll have. These references assist us in creating the ideal look for you and your bridesmaids. Additionally, fabric swatches of the dresses aid in selecting suitable colours.
- Arrive at your trial appointment with dry, clean hair. Ideally, wash your hair one to two days prior to the trial and the same for your wedding day. Avoid using silicone-based hair shampoos in the months leading up to your wedding, as they can coat the hair and make it difficult for curls and pins to stay in place.
- If you colour your hair, make sure to have it done at least 4 to 10 days before your wedding day. Refrain from experimenting with new colours or hairstyles impulsively within six to twelve months of your wedding. Remember, hair takes time to grow and repair, and colour correction can be challenging as well as damaging to your hair.
- By following these suggestions, you'll be well-prepared for your trial and on your way to achieving the perfect look for your special day.
On the flip side, there are a few things to avoid:
- Avoid waxing facial hair and eyebrows on the wedding day. Attend to these procedures 4-7 days prior.
- Don't opt for a spray tan the day before your wedding, as it can potentially mark your dress and leave your skin and face blotchy. Plan your spray tan at least 3 days before the wedding. It's advisable to try the spray tan several weeks or months beforehand to ensure the tan acheives the results you hope for.
Choosing Your Look:
The style of your wedding makeup ultimately depends on your personal preference, but there are a few factors to consider. A natural makeup look that enhances your features never goes out of style. It's important to note that your wedding makeup should be slightly more dramatic than your everyday look to prevent appearing pale or washed out in photos. We can expertly apply your makeup to suit photography while still maintaining a natural appearance.
When it comes to your hairstyle, it's best to choose a style that complements your face shape, dress style, and headwear. Above all, you should feel comfortable and confident with your hair and makeup. We can provide you with ideas and ensure you look your absolute best.
Having a small touch-up makeup kit on hand for your wedding day is a great idea. Include essentials like lipstick, gloss, setting powder, or pressed powder to freshen up for photos. Tissues are also handy in case of tears. While some may prefer to have the artist available for makeup touch-ups during the event, it's not essential.
Beauty Regimen before the Big Day:
To achieve smooth and healthy skin and hair for your wedding, consider implementing a skincare and hair care plan 3 to 6 months prior to the event. Consult with your beauty therapist and hairdresser for regular facials, hair trims, and treatments. Additionally, there are several steps you can take at home to maintain the health of your hair and skin leading up to your special day.
Sun Tanning before the Wedding:
Exercise caution when it comes to sun exposure before your wedding. While some sun can be beneficial, avoid sunburn and peeling skin, as they can negatively impact your appearance on the big day. If you're considering spray-on tanning, ensure you trial the options well in advance to avoid an unnatural or patchy outcome.
Don't overlook the importance of feeling relaxed and well-rested before your wedding. Preparing for such an event can be both exciting and stressful. Taking care of your well-being positively affects your appearance. Consider indulging in relaxing massages, practicing yoga, using essential oils, and taking regular breaks before the wedding to promote a calm state of mind.
Be sure to have drinks and snacks readily available for yourself and the bridal party on the wedding day.
Amidst the whirlwind of activity and excitement, time tends to fly by. It's always wise to allow extra time for getting ready. The last thing you want is to feel rushed on your wedding day.